Awards provide students with an opportunity to be educated. So for helping students, the University of Sydney is providing International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Stem Cell Biology.
The research scholarship is open for domestic and international students for the academic year 2023-2024.
The University of Sydney is an educational and research establishment in Australia that is known all over the world and offers a diverse selection of courses. It is designed to help you build the knowledge, expertise, and core values that are essential for effective leadership in a world that is always evolving.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? The university offers a wide range of study and living arrangements that are adaptable to the specific requirements of each individual student. Students will acquire transferable abilities as well as study skills that will assist them in adapting to and navigating the myriad of scenarios they will confront throughout their professional lives.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 19 June 2023.
Scholarships Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $29,507 p.a.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a PhD in Stem Cell Biology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Have an unconditional offer of admission for full-time studies, or currently enrolled, in a Master by Research or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) within the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney
- Be willing to undertake research in stem cell biology
- Hold at least one Honours degree (First Class) or Masters’s degree with a substantial research component or equivalent, with a focus on disciplines relevant to cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or biotechnology.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the student portal of the university to carry out the application process. Candidates can apply for the scholarship here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic merit,
- Area of study and/or research proposal
- Curriculum vitae,
- Previous research experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in ab initio computations.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold a master’s degree before applying for this grant.
- Language Requirement: The applicants need to satisfy the English Language Requirements of the university.
Benefits of Scholarships
The University of Sydney will provide $29,507 per annum for up to 3 years to the selected applicants towards the applied PhD programme.
I. up to 1.75 years for a successful Master’s by research recipient.
II. up to 3 years for a successful PhD recipient.